Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cake Decorating Basics




Learn cake baking and decorating from the experts at Wilton. In this cake 'master class' you'll learn to cut, fill and ice a cake, fold and fill a parchment piping bag, and turn an ordinary layer cake into a true masterpiece. A beginner's cake decorating set is included in your class registration fee.


This Thursday, 11:30 a.m., my sister Maria and I will be attending a Cake Decorating Class. This would be a LONG overdue birthday gift for Maria from her siblings. Maria is, in our estimation, more of a pastry master than she believes (see below post). But she wants to start some training at the basic level to make sure what she's doing is right. We are excited to have this little adventure together!

5 comments:

  1. Very fun and I'm excited for you both...yes ditto on Chrissy pictures please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely! I'm tempted to make maria wear a cute apron to make her stand out as the "birthday" girl. hehe... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!! I'm actually wanting to take a class like that too! My friend Lauren and i both want to do it!! Cant wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took the class w/ a friend last fall at AC Moore in the burg w/ Zoraya Jennings as an instructor, if you get her she's great! Let me know how it goes! Hope you have a blast like I did!

    ReplyDelete